Christmas 2023 Wish List
The Mercy Center for Women is already preparing for the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. We share this wonderful time of the year with you as your kindness over the years has been a true blessing to our families.
The Mercy Center for Women and Mercy Anchor Community Center invite you to partner with us in providing Christmas 365 days a year in 2024.
We are humbled by the extensive outpouring of toys, clothing, puzzles, games and bath & body items you’ve generously donated in previous years.
This year our wish is to secure gifts not only on Christmas day, but throughout 2024.
As a shelter and permanent housing for individuals experiencing homelessness, there are many ways your gift can impact a life.
We invite you to embrace the season deep within you and share your compassion with others. We appreciate your thinking of our residents this holiday season. Whatever you choose to do, they and we will be truly grateful.
Each day, we serve approximately 60 individuals who were homeless including children and babies. Let’s bring the true meaning of Christmas back to our families.
Mercy Center Christmas 2023 Wish List
- Adopt a family. $100< will provide Christmas gifts for mom and/or children. A photo and thank-you note will be sent to you.
- Adopt an adult or child. $50< will provide gifts for parent or child. A photo and thank-you note will be sent to you.
- Provide food. Prepare or purchase a special meal (pizza, subs, or put together a buffet) anytime during the holidays. Between MCW and MACC, we have approximately 60 residents.
- Provide dessert. Prepare or purchase cookies or other special desserts anytime during the holidays.
- Provide a supper box for Thanksgiving, Christmas or anytime. Include ham, or turkey and sides. $150-$200. We have approximately 60 families to feed.
- Provide gift cards. A great way for us to provide what our residents need and want without duplication. Amazon, Walmart, Country Fair or a local grocery store are best.
- Provide transportation. Most of our residents are challenged with transportation. Gas cards and bus tokens are appreciated.
- Provide family membership for fun! A family membership to the Erie Zoo, ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum, YMCA or other family-related activities are a special treat.
- Sponsor a food drive. Donate canned goods, peanut butter, jelly, macaroni, cheese, etc.
- Conduct a diaper drive. Donate diapers of all sizes, wipes and new baby bottles.
- Donate bedding. Our residents always appreciate receiving new pillows, blankets and twin bedspreads.
- Cover winter heating & electric bills. The electric bill at MCW is roughly $900 a month, the heating bill $1,000 a month. Imagine knowing this gift provides warmth and security to our families.
- Donate cleaning products. Clothes detergent and dryer sheets are always appreciated.
- Purchase gifts from our Amazon Christmas list. We've taken the guesswork out of gift giving. These items are always appreciated and are shipped directly to the Mercy Center.
- Purchase an apartment bundle. Visit our giving page and donate a bundle to help furnish a resident's room.
- Host a dinner or family activity throughout the year. Keep the good times rolling after the holidays by donating a meal or fun activity for residents.
- Sponsor a toy drive. To avoid unnecessary purchases, please contact us for appropriate items for children based on ages and interest.
Have a question or an idea of your own? Feel free to email Jennie Hagerty.